Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fight AIDS using your home PC

Go to battle against AIDS with your computer!

"What is FightAIDS@Home?"

FightAIDS@Home is the first biomedical distributed computing project ever launched. It is run by the Olson Laboratory at The Scripps Research Institute, and uses your computer to assist fundamental research to discover new drugs, using our growing knowledge of the structural biology of AIDS.


I'm not a medical doctor, not a med student, a nurse or a health care worker. I am someone who lost someone to AIDS. My Grandfather Benny, whom I adored and miss every single moment of every day. He contracted HIV during several transfusions of blood following surgery for an aortic anyurism in 1981. This blog is about his journey. While he has died, for me this project will give him a peice of immortality.


I have a team "Episcopalians for a Cure" which you are welcome to join. There are many, many other teams as well, so find one that suits you and put your computer to good use. Who knows what miracles we can help make!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?